Edmonton Roofing Companies
Homeowners definitely face what can be a very overwhelming challenge when considering fixing or replacing their roof. You need to pick the right individual or company for the job and take the time to really find the right contractor who is honest and professional.
There are lots of great Edmonton roofing companies to choose from and numerous things to consider when you’re searching for someone to either do a repair job on your roof or if you actually need it to be completely replaced.
There are 10 things that you want to take into consideration when the right Edmonton roofing company. Let’s go over them.
1. You want to speak with others around your community and try to find a local roofer as you will have less likelihood of getting ripped off and getting scammed. Also, local Edmonton roofers will have a better knowledge of the code regulations for your area and it’s a good possibly they will have long standing relationships with suppliers. That means for you better prices.
2. Check out their Better Business Bureau ratings. Don’t bother wasting your time with contractors that don’t show up on BBB.org website or that are there but have a low sore.
3. Keep manufacturer designations in mind as these are like badges of honor in the roofing world. Edmonton roofing companies must have a particular number of requirements to be factory-accredited.
4. Read about the companies warranty and make sure it’s extensive. Manufactures warranties cannot be offered by all contractors so it pays to know what type of coverage they have. Warranty is so important because if the roof was not installed properly you won’t know until a few months or even years later when the damage actually appears. If the company you got to do the job for you won’t fix it then you’re going to have to eat the entire cost yourself and that’s exactly what you want to avoid. If you can find a Master Elite Contractor they provide the best warranty you can find which is the Golden Pledge Warranty.
5. Look into the companies safety protocols. Roofing is one of the most dangerous jobs in Alberta so making sure that the company you choose has a good training and safety program in place for its staff.
6. Make sure that they have the appropriate insurance and licensing. You would never want to have litigation issues if a roofing employee gets hurts while on the job working on your home. All contractors should be able to show you a copy of their insurance certification for confirmation.
7. Go with your gut. A lot of the times contractors might pressure you to choose them and might want you to sign the agreement before you have even had your insurance company give you an estimate on the damage or repair. The contractor should completely double check the home and make sure that the insurance adjuster caught all the damages before you sign any agreement.
8. Know what materials are out there. The more you know the more power you have and you will be able to have a larger say in what type of materials are used. The contractor you pick should have lots of samples to show you and really take the time to go over what he thinks is best and why.
9. Do they pay their deductible? If your contractor thinks they can take care of the repair and not have you pay their insurance deductible then they are performing fraud and putting you the homeowner in jeopardy.
10. Take care of your own insurance claim. If your contractor things he can take care of your insurance claim then he might be breaking the law. It’s just must better to handle your own claim and not open the door for legal action involvement.
I hope these ten tips really help you out when searching through all the different Edmonton roofing companies. It certainly will pay off in the end to take the time and do the research before you commit to hiring someone.