How to locate the right roofing contractor in Edmonton
When one is in need of a roofing contractor in Edmonton, there are many factors that come into play before one proceeds to select which contractor would handle the job best;
- Whether it’s a residential roofing contractor one requires or commercial building roofing contractor
- Whether it’s a repair one requires, complete or partial roofing removal and/or replacement, maintaining/cleaning of the roof or just constructing a new roof
All these will determine the type of contractor one would be required to hire for their services.
If you’re a homeowner, these tips should help you decide which contractor:
1. Asking around for referrals: It is usually always safer to work with a contractor who’s well known in the neighbourhood.
2. Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings: Look up a contractor on the BBB website before hiring. Also be particular about the rating they have on the website, it is safer to avoid a contractor who does not come up on the website.
3. Warranty: When dealing with a building contractor, you’re advised to look out for contractors who offer manufacturer warranties that include coverage of the contractor’s workmanship. If the contractor installs the roof incorrectly, it may take a relatively long period of time for the damage to be detected or leakages to be observed—and insurance won’t pay for it. Contractors who offer insurances have all of these occurrences covered.
4. Paying one’s deductible. A contractor who offers to construct a new roof or repair without requiring you pay their insurance deductible is committing insurance fraud and endangering you. The insurance deductible is your responsibility, and it should be displayed by the contractor in the quote without padding up the estimate to cover all or part of the deductible.
If you’re a business owner and is out to find a commercial building roofing contractor in Edmonton, you might want to be extra careful as it’s a little more complicated. Whether it’s a modified bitumen roofing, built-up roofing, single ply membrane, sheet metal fabrication and installation, the following tips should help you select the best out of available options:
- Don’t get carried away by the lowest bidder. Price is an important consideration when looking for a good roofing company but do not readily accept the offer of the lowest bidder without ensuring a background check first. The price may be low because the company uses substandard materials. Therefore, before accepting the offer, ask the company on how they arrived at the price.
- Take into consideration the years of experience and the length of service of the roofing company. It is advisable to get the service of an experienced company because their years of experience in the business have made them an expert in the business.
- What do others say about the company? Just like in the case of a homeowner, it is advisable to ask the local folks around for referrals. It is always great to know what others think of the roofing company before getting its service especially when they have had a job done for them before. Take time to know the opinions of those who have tried their service before.
- Everything should be formalized. A good roofing contractor in Edmonton should have you sign a written contract or agreement that contains all the details of the scope of the project. This is good because you will know what to expect and demand from them.
The listed tips above would aid homeowners in locating good roofing contractors in Edmonton for their repair needs and get the best results.